5/28/11

yard steals

Shoes, Top, & Skirt: Urban Outfitters // Necklace: From childhood // Sunglasses: Knockoff Ray Bans

I spent the morning at my friend Carly's yard sale, helping set up and putting a serious dent in her selection. This girl has the most amazing eye. She creates the most unique outfits combined with vintage, new, and thrifted items. I have been so excited all week to score some amazing stuff. I nabbed up a couple of dresses, skirts, shirts, a pair of pants, and a cardigan. And to top it off, I feel like I ripped her off. She wouldn't let me pay her more than $20 for it all. A few of the items need a little altering, but other than that they are good to go. I am planning on being yard sale queen of the summer. I'm going to try very hard not to buy new this summer. Yard sales make me anxious though, I start freaking out if I'm not the first one there. What if I miss all the good stuff? My school is having a huge yard sale next weekend. If you are in town, stop by Stepping Stones and support the school. I am very excited about that one too, hoping to score some stuff for Dex and our house.

I was totally inspired by this image off Pinterest to create this outfit. I love the bright green skirt with the crisp white shirt and the pop of red on the shoes. Another color combination that I don't usually do, too Christmasy. Don't think this looks holidayish at all. I love my red shoes, they go with absolutely everything.

Happy Memorial Day weekend, by the way. Any one have fun plans for this start of summer holiday? Kelly's parents are in town for a couple of days, think we might hit up the park and browse the sidewalk sales. Have a great weekend!

x

1 comment: