5/14/11

Black and Blue

Top: J. Crew // Jeans: BDG via Urban Outfitters // Boots: DSW (DIY alter) // Bag: Thrifted (for $0.50!!) // Belt: J.Crew // Necklace: DIY

Happy weekend to everyone! I was very excited to try out my new ankle boots I made yesterday (found here). Received a lot of complements. I love it when I create something and can say, "Oh, I made them!" I think it annoys people, oh well. They are perfect for this time of year, so much mud around. I'm looking back over these photos and realize that I am not smiling (the photographer and I were having creative differences). I do not look so good with a scowl on my face. Will work on that.

Ok, so the always amazing Brittany from No Two Fish gave me the One Lovely Blog Award! I am so honored, first time my little blog has been awarded. So the rules of the award are to share seven random facts about myself and then award other lovely blogs. Lets see what I got...

1. I lived and taught English in Taiwan for 4 years.
2. I can still speak a bit of Mandarin.
3. I have one little sister.
4. I had my tonsils removed when I was 27 (not fun).
5. I only eat grilled cheese sandwiches with maple syrup.
6. I'm like 60% Scottish (my dad is Scottish and my mom is part)
7. Me and BF have the most incredible son in the world (seriously), his name is Dexter (we call him Dex, too) and he is about 14 months old.

(ok, that was hard)

And the lovely blogs I award are:
the other emily // Lulu Letty // blushing ambition // off of broadway
Steffys Pros and Cons // Between Laundry Days
The Daily Nickel // Casual and Clueless // My Greatest Hits

If you have been awarded, share seven facts about yourself and pass the award to other lovely bloggers!